Parents As Teachers
An Early Learning Program For Parents Of Children
Prenatal to Pre-Kindergarten
Parents As Teachers helps parents give their children the best possible start in life, laying the foundation for later school success.
Parents As Teachers is a flexible program for all parents and has been found to be highly effective.
An independent evaluation showed that participating children:
- Were significantly more advanced in language development than other 3 year olds
- Had made greater strides in problem solving and other intellectual skills
- Were further along in social development than their peers
- Demonstrated competencies that are predictive of and essential to later school achievement
The Parents As Teachers Program Is Free And Voluntary
- Provides practical, effective help for all families with children birth to Pre-K
- Personal visits by certified parent educators trained in child development
- Group meetings with other parents to gain new insights, share experiences, and discuss topics of interest
- Information and guidance before your baby is born to help you prepare for the important job of being a parent
- Information on what to look for and expect as your child grows and develops
- Periodic screening of your child's educational and sensory (vision and hearing) development
- Playgroups where parents and children gather informally for socialization and exploration.
A New Era In Education
Under a 1984 law, all school districts in Missouri provide assistance for parents and children before kindergarten.
**As a parent, you are your child's first and most influential teacher!**
This new law recognizes that children learn more during the preschool years than at any other time in life.
By offering parent-child programs through public schools, Missouri is leading the nation in the effort to improve children's language, social and intellectual, and physical development.
You can join the more than 50,000 families now taking part in this effort to improve educational opportunities for all children.
Give your child the best possible start in life.
Call the Marshall Public School District today to enroll in Parents As Teachers.
The Parents As Teachers Program is Free and Voluntary
For more information, call Melissa Pointer at (660)886-5800 today!
Parents As Teachers
860 W. Vest
Marshall, MO 65340